CORPORATE & COMMERCIAL
Our business law lawyers located in Ottawa and Vankleek Hill provide advice to sole-proprietors, partnerships, financial institutions and corporations. Our clients range from small and medium enterprises, family farming businesses, not-for-profits, charities and larger Canadian corporations with operations in the United States as well as U.S. and Quebec corporations with operations in Ontario.
Our business law practice encompasses:
- Incorporation, organization and minute book maintenance and filings
- Shareholder and partnership agreement negotiation and drafting
- Reorganizations, rollovers for tax and succession planning
- Due diligence reviews, structuring, negotiating and completing business transfers
- Corporate governance, director and officer liability
- Confidentiality, non-disclosure and non-solicitation agreements and advice
- IT agreements, licencing and service agreements
- Loan and security documentation for both lenders and borrowers
- Employer/employee matters relating to employment standards and terminations
We also provide commercial litigation services relating to business transfers, shareholder disputes, contract enforcement and employee termination.