James Katz leads our litigation team and assists clients from our Ottawa office and our Vankleek Hill office.
Our firm believes that when disputes arise and damages sustained, quickly understanding your rights or legal exposure is of paramount importance to any sound litigation strategy. Whether you are the one with the claim, or the claim is against you, our experience in a variety of legal practice areas provides you with sound and confident legal representation. We have successfully represented clients (both businesses and individuals) in:
- breach of contract claims;
- construction lien actions
- real estate disputes;
- estate litigation;
- trade-mark and copyright infringement actions;
- employment law disputes;
- insurance claims;
- commercial litigation; as well as
- tort based claims, such as negligence (including personal injury matters) and defamation.
Key to our advocacy success is the collective wisdom gained by our lawyers' hearing and trial experience at all levels of Ontario's civil courts, as well as at the Federal Court, the Federal Court of Appeal, and the Ontario Municipal Board.