David Shelly is counsel to SKS LAW LLP and a member of the Firm's municipal law and land planning group. David has 40 years' experience representing municipalities in Eastern Ontario and is designated as a Law Society of Upper Canada specialist in municipal law in both areas of specialty, namely: local government; and land use planning and development.
David has significant experience before the Ontario Municipal Board and is invited to speak at conferences on municipal issues including risk management for municipalities. He also provides opinion and advice to other law firms on municipal matters.
David is also a member of the Law Society's Certified Specialist Board which assesses applications by lawyers seeking a specialist designation in one of the 15 recognized specialist areas.
Areas of Expertise
Education and Law Society Admission
- Loyola College, BA, 1966
- University of Ottawa, LLB, 1972
- Law Society of Upper Canada (Ontario Bar), 1974
- Municipal Law and Land Planning - Certified Specialist (Law Society of Upper Canada)
- Deputy Judge - Superior Court of Justice (Small Claims)
- International Municipal Lawyers Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association